A Discrete Model for Topological Relationships between Uncertain Spatial Objects
Even though the positions of objects may be uncertain, one may know some topological information about them. In this paper, we develop a new model for storing topological relationships in uncertain spatial data. It is intended to be the equivalent of such representations as the Node-Arc-Area representation but for spatial objects with uncertain positions.
KeywordsUncertain spatial data topology node-arc-area
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bjørke JT (2003) Topological relations between fuzzy regions: derivation of verbal terms. Accepted for publication in Fuzzy sets and Systems.Google Scholar
- Clementini E and Di Felice P (1996) An Algebraic Model for Spatial Objects with Indeterminate Boundaries. In Geographic Objects with Indeterminate Boundatries, GISDATA series vol. 2, Taylor & Francis, pp. 155–169.Google Scholar
- Cohn AG and Gotts NM (1996) The ‘Egg-Yolk’ Representation of Regions with Indeterminate Boundaries. In Geographic Objects with Indeterminate Boundaries, GISDATA series vol. 2, Taylor & Francis, pp. 171–187.Google Scholar
- Molenaar M (1998) An Introduction to the Theory of Spatial Object Modelling for GIS. (Taylor & Francis).Google Scholar
- Schneider M (2001) Fuzzy Topological Predicates, Their Properties, and Their Integration into Query Languages. In Proceedings of the 9th ACM Symposium on Geographic Information Systems (ACM GIS), pp. 9–14.Google Scholar
- Tøssebro E and Nygård M (2002a) An Advanced Discrete Model for Uncertain Spatial Data. In Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Web-Age Information Management (WAIM), pp. 37–51.Google Scholar
- Tøssebro E and Nygård M (2002b) Abstract and Discrete models for Uncertain Spatiotemporal Data. Poster presentation at 14th International Conference on Scientific and Statistical Database Management (SSDBM). An abstract on page 240 of the proceedings.Google Scholar
- Worboys M (1995) GIS: A Computing Perspective. (Taylor & Francis).Google Scholar
- Zhan FB (1998) Approximate analysis of binary topological relations between geographic regions with indeterminate boundaries. Soft Computing, 2, pp. 28–34.Google Scholar