Collisional electron detachment of H~: A connection to the three-particle coulomb problem
We have focused attention on several experimental and theoretical results on the study of the collisional detachment of H~ and have shown that the electron energy spectra at and near O° contains information on the dynamics of the detachment process. In particular, we drew attention to the fact that the low energy continuum states of H~ are undistorted by the rapidly receding target and that, because of this, the manifold of low energy three-particle continuum states seems to be an especially rich source of information on the dynamics of the three-body Coulomb problem. The experimental advantage provided by the fast moving H~ beam serves to make an interesting connection between fast atomic collisions and low energy final states.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M.M. Duncan, M. G. Menendez, and J. L. Hopkins, Phys Rev A 30, 655 (1984)Google Scholar
- 2.M. M. Duncan, J. L. Hopkins, and M. G. Menendez, Nucl. Instrum. Methods B 10/11, 79 (1985)Google Scholar
- 3.J. Macek, M. G. Menendez, and M. M. Duncan, Phys Rev A 29, 516 (1984)Google Scholar
- 4.L. A. Wright, T. C. Genoni, and M. R. Franz, Bull Am Phys Soc 28, 799 (1983)Google Scholar
- 5.M. G. Menendez and M. M. Duncan, Phys Rev A (in press)Google Scholar
- 6.A. F. Starace, private communicationGoogle Scholar
- 7.M. M. Duncan, M. G. Menendez, J. L. Hopkins, and C. R. Mauldin, Phys Rev Lett 55, 1983 (1985)Google Scholar
- 8.G. H. Wannier, Phys Rev 90, 817 (1953); R. Peterkop, J Phys B 4, 513 (1971); A. R. P. Rau, Phys Rev A 4, 207 (1971)Google Scholar
- 9.P. Fournier-Lagarde, J. Mazeau, and A. Huetz, J Phys B 17, L591–96 (1985); P. Selles, A. Huetz and J. Mazeau, J Phys B (in press)Google Scholar