Electron capture from K and L shells in several kinds of atoms by 72, 62 and 52 MeV 3He2+ beams
K shell and L shell electron capture by 3He from several kinds of target atoms were measured at 72, 62 and 52 MeV by using a high resolution magnetic spectrograph. The experimental data were compared with the theoretical predictions. It was found that the SPB calculation can reproduce very well the K shell electron capture cross sections for Ge and Sn. As for the L shell capture cross section, the results of eikonal approximations agree very well with our data. It is quite interesting to see how the SPB calculation can explain our L shell electron capture cross sections.
Besides the present experimental data, we intend to measure σcK and σcL for V, Cr, Ga, and Nb.
The high precision experimental study of the inner shell electron capture may provide a sensitive test for various theoretical treatments.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. Brigss, J. Macek and K. Taulbjerg, Comments At. Mol. Phys. 12 (1982) 1.Google Scholar
- J. Macek and K. Taulbjerg, Phys. Rev. Lett. 46 (1981) 170.Google Scholar
- J. Macek and S. Alston, Phys. Rev. 26 (1982) 250.Google Scholar
- I. M. Cheshire, Proc. Phys. Soc. 84 (1964) 89.Google Scholar
- J. Briggs, J. Phys. B10 (1977) 3075.Google Scholar
- D. P. Dewangan and J. Eichler, J. Phys. B18 (1985) L65.Google Scholar
- J. Burgdorfer and K. Taulbjerg, Phys. Rev. A33 (1986) 2959.Google Scholar
- E. Horsdal-Pedersen, C. L. Cocke, J. L. Rasmussen, S. L. Verghese and W. Waggoner, J. Phys. B16 (1983) 1799.Google Scholar
- H. Ogawa, I. Katayama, Y. Haruyama, T. Noro, H. Ikegami, F. Fukuzawa, K. Yoshida, A. Aoki and I. Sugai, the proceedings of the U.S.-Japan Joint seminor entitled “Interactions of Highly Ionized Atom Produced by Ion-Atom Collisions” held in Kobe, Japan in 1987 (to be published in Nucl. Instr and Meth.)Google Scholar
- H. Ikegami, S. Morinobu, I. Katayama, M. Fujiwara and S. Yamabe, Nucl. Instr. and Meth. 175 (1980) 335.Google Scholar
- I. Katayama, M. Fujiwara, S. Morinobu, T. Noro, H. Ikegami, F. Fukuzawa, and I. Sugai, the Proceedings of the Second Asia-Pasific Physics Conf. held at Bangalore, India, in 1986 (to be published)Google Scholar
- S. Morinobu, PEAK FIT, (unpublished).Google Scholar
- J. Eichler, Phys. Rev. A23 (1981) 498.Google Scholar
- V. S. Nikolaev, JETP 24 (1967) 847.Google Scholar
- J. P. Desclaux, Atomic Data and Nuclear Data Tables 12 (1973) 311.Google Scholar