Support environments for VDM
- 122 Downloads
This paper discusses the experiences and issues of building two different levels of system to support the use of VDM.
The MULE system is an example of an environment giving support in the syntactic generation of formal objects, such as specifications.
The IPSE 2.5 system is an attempt to produce an industrial scale system to support the use of formal methods over the whole of a software development life cycle.
KeywordsFormal Method Theorem Prove Support Environment Proof Obligation Symbolic Execution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Alv83]The Alvey Directorate. The Alvey software engineering stratagy. 1983.Google Scholar
- [BCJ84]H. Barringer, J.H. Cheng, and C.B. Jones. A logic covering undefinedness in program proofs. Acta Informatica, 21:251–269, 1984.Google Scholar
- [Bou82]S.R. Bourne. The Unix System. Addison Wesley, 1982.Google Scholar
- [CJNW83]I.D. Cottam, C.B. Jones, T. Nipkow, and A.C. Wills. The 2nd annual report on the MULE project. 1983.Google Scholar
- [JLW86]C.B. Jones, P. Lindsey, and C.P. Wadsworth. IPSE 2.5: the theorem proving concept paper. 1986.Google Scholar
- [Jon86]Cliff B. Jones. Systematic Software Development using VDM. Prentice Hall International, 1986.Google Scholar
- [KDJ86]K.D.Jones. A review of persistence in programming languages. 1986.Google Scholar
- [Mel84]B. Melese. Practical applications of a syntax directed program manipulation environment. In 7 th Int. Conf. on Software Engineering, 1984.Google Scholar
- [Moo86]R.C. Moore. The specification of Muffin. 1986.Google Scholar
- [Nip82]T. Nipkow. A user guide to the MULE database. 1982.Google Scholar
- [Nip83]T. Nipkow. A graph manipulation language — GRAPL. 1983.Google Scholar
- [Per85]The Persistent Programming Research Group. The PS-Algol Reference Manual. Universities of St. Andrews and Glasgow, 2nd edition, 1985.Google Scholar
- [SU85]STC and The University of Manchester. The IPSE 2.5 project proposal. 1985.Google Scholar
- [Wil86a]A.C. Wills. The book of MULE. 1986.Google Scholar
- [Wil86b]A.C. Wills. Description of MDB-T. 1986.Google Scholar
- [Wil86c]A.C. Wills. Structure of interactive systems. 1986.Google Scholar