Deadlock prediction in linear systems
- 130 Downloads
The computational complexity of the deadlock prediction problem in linear systems is investigated. An algorithm which solves this problem for linear systems is given. Its complexity is polynomial. The paper contains also an algorithm which solves the deadlock avoidance problem in the systems defined here. The computational complexity of that algorithm is also polynomial.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Aho A.V., Hopcroft J.E. and Ullman J.: The design and analysis of computer algorithms, Addison-Weseley, Reading, MA, chap. 10.Google Scholar
- Gold M.: Deadlock prediction: easy and difficult cases, SIAM J. COMPUT., Vol.7, No.3, August 1978, pp.320–336.Google Scholar
- Habermann A.N.: Prevention of system deadlocks, Comm. of the ACM, Vol.12, No.7, July 1969, pp.373–385.Google Scholar
- Hansen P.B.: Operating system principles, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, pp.42–49, 124–125.Google Scholar
- Suraj Z.: Analysis of the deadlock prediction problem using Petri nets (manuscript).Google Scholar
- Suraj Z.: On certain problem of resource allocation in systems of concurrent programs, ICS PAS Reports 549 (1984).Google Scholar