An automatic river planning operating system (ARPOS)
An analysis of the general structure of LP models of water resource systems and of the operations required in their construction suggests the opportunity of designing a special purpose interactive system to assist the engineer in developing such models.
As a working example of the ideas discussed, a simple operating system has been implemented.
KeywordsSimplex Algorithm Symbolic Equation Feasible Flow Standard Constraint Simple Operating System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (1).Buras, N., and Herman, T.: "A review of some applications of mathematical programming in water resource engineering," Prog. Rep. n. 2, Technion, Haifa, Jul 1968.Google Scholar
- (2).Ford jr, L.R. and Fulkerson, D.R.: "Flows in networks," Princ. Univ. Press., Princeton 1962.Google Scholar
- (3).Galligani, I.: Un sistema interattivo per la matematica numerica, Riv. di Informatica, vol. 2, n. 1, suppl. Apr 1971.Google Scholar
- (4).Maass, A., Hufschmidt, M.A., and others: "Design of water-resource systems," Harvard Univ. Press, Cambridge, 1962.Google Scholar
- (5).Toffoli, T.: "A Precompiler for MPS," IAC, 1973.Google Scholar