A Flexible Algorithm for Sensor Network Partitioning and Self-partitioning Problems
Motivated by the need for agent classification in sensor networking and autonomous vehicle control applications, we propose a flexible and distributed stochastic automaton-based network partitioning algorithm that is capable of finding the optimal k-way partition with respect to a broad range of cost functions, and given various constraints, in directed and weighted graphs. Specifically, we motivate the need for new algorithms for network partitioning and distributed (or self-) partitioning. We then review our stochastic automaton-based partitioning algorithm, and extend its use for network partitioning and self-partitioning problems. Finally, the application of the algorithm to mobile/sensor classification in ad hoc networks is pursued in detail, and other applications are briefly introduced.
Keywordssensor classification partitioning stochastic automata
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Asavathiratham, C., Roy, S., Lesieutre, B.C., Verghese, G.C.: The influence model. IEEE Control Systems Magazine (December 2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Cordiero, C., Gossain, H., Agrawal, D.P.: Multicast over wireless mobile ad hoc networks: present and future directions. IEEE Networks Magazine (January/Febuary 2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Roy, S., Saberi, A., Herlugson, K.: Formation and Alignment of Distributed Sensing Agents with Double-Integrator Dynamics. IEEE Press Monograph on Sensor Network Operations (in press, 2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Chamberlain, B.: Graph partitioning algorithms for distributed workloads of parallel computations. Technical Report UW-CSE-98-10-03, University of Washington (October 1998)Google Scholar
- 6.Wan, Y., Roy, S., Saberi, A., Lesieutre, B.: A stochastic automaton-based algorithm for flexible and distributed network partitioning. In: Proceedings of the 2005 IEEE Swarm Intelligence Symposium (June 2005)Google Scholar
- 8.A flexible stochastic automaton-based algorithm for network self-partitioning. International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks (submitted)Google Scholar
- 10.Jadbabaie, A.: On geographic routing with location information. In: Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, The Bahamas (submitted, 2004)Google Scholar