Global Numerical Optimization Based on Small-World Networks
Inspired by the searching model proposed by Kleinberg in a small-world network and based on a novel proposed description that an optimization can be described as a process where information transmitted from a candidate solution to the optimal solution in solution space of problems, where the solution space can also be regarded as a small-world network and each solution as a node in the small-world network, a new optimization strategy with small-world effects was formulated in this paper. The analysis and the simulation experiments in the global numerical optimization problems indicated that the method achieved a fast convergence rate and obtained a good searching performance in optimization.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Milgram, S.: The Small-World Problem. Psychology Today 1, 60–67 (1967)Google Scholar
- 7.Kleinberg, J.: The Small-World Phenomenon and Decentralized Search. SIAM New 37(3), 1 (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Liu, J., Zhong, W., Jiao, L.: A Multiagent Evolutionary Algorithm for Constraint Satisfaction Problems. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics—PART B: Cybernetics 36(1) (February 2006)Google Scholar
- 9.Jiao, L., Liu, J., Zhong, W.: An Organizational Coevolutionary Algorithm for Classification. IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation 10(1) (February 2006)Google Scholar
- 10.Jiao, L., Wang, L.: A Novel Genetic Algorithm Based on Immunity. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics—PART A: Systems and Humans 30(5) (September 2000)Google Scholar
- 11.Watts, D.J.: Small worlds. Princeton University Press, Princeton (1999)Google Scholar
- 14.Du, H.F., et al.: Adaptive Polyclonal Programming Algorithm with application. In: ICCIMA, pp. 350–355 (2003)Google Scholar