Reputation Based Localized Access Control for Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks
The absence of a router or a base station urges the need for better access control mechanism in the ad-hoc networks. This paper presents a localized approach for access control which implements ticket certification services through reputation mechanism. Reputation refers to, the opinion of one node as seen by other nodes. Ticket certification ensures that, only well behaving nodes (which forward and route packets of other nodes) can get the tickets and only they can access the network. The tickets are obtained from any node in the locality with high reputation instead of getting it from a centralized authority or from some k neighbors in the neighborhood. This paper gives the analysis and simulation results of the localized approach through reputation mechanism and proves that the localized access control with reputation is better than the localized approach without reputation.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Marti, S., Giuli, T., Lai, K., Baker, M.: Mitigating Routing Misbehavior in Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks. In: Proc. ACM MOBICOM, pp. 255–265 (2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Appenzeller, G., Roussopoulous, M., Baker, M.: User-friendly access control for public network ports. In: Proc. IEEE INFOCOM, pp. 699–707 (1999)Google Scholar
- 7.Bucheggery, S., Le Boudec, J.-Y.: Self Policing Mobile Ad-hoc Networks by reputation Systems, Available online from: http://lcawww.epfl.ch/Publications/LeBoudec/BucheggerL05.pdf
- 8.Buchegger, S., Le Boudec, J.-Y.: Performance Analysis of the CONFIDANT Protocol: Cooperation Of Nodes — Fairness In Dynamic Ad-hoc NeTworks. In: Proceedings of IEEE/ACM Symposium on Mobile Ad-Hoc Networking and Computing (MobiHOC), Lausanne, CH (June 2002)Google Scholar
- 9.Michiardi, P., Molva, R.: CORE: A collaborative reputation mechanism to enforce node cooperation in mobile ad hoc networks. In: Sixth IFIP conference on security communications, and multimedia (CMS 2002), Portoroz, Slovenia (2002)Google Scholar
- 11.Frankel, Y., Gemmell, P.S., MacKenzie, P.D., Yung, M.: Proactive RSA. In: Kaliski Jr., B.S. (ed.) CRYPTO 1997. LNCS, vol. 1294, pp. 440–454. Springer, Heidelberg (1997)Google Scholar