An Extended Meta-model for Workflow Resource Model
Workflow resource model describes all kinds of resources that support the execution of workflows. The meta-model for workflow resource model presents the constituents of workflow resource model. It is one of the three correlative sub-meta-models for workflow model. Based on the analysis of existed studies and real cases, an extended meta-model for workflow resource model was introduced by extending and modifying the meta-model for organizational model proposed by WfMC. The detail of entities and their relationships were described. The relationships between workflow resource model and process model were discussed. XML was used to describe the meta-model. In the end, a conclusion and proposals for future research directions were presented.
KeywordsExtend Attribute Resource Model Resource Assignment Role Role Concrete Resource
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Workflow Management Coalition: Terminology & Glossary. WfMC-TC-1011, Workflow Management Coalition (1999) Google Scholar
- 2.Li, W., Zeng, G.Z., Wang, X.L.: A Workflow Model Based on Timed Petri Net. Journal of Software 13(8), 1666–1671 (2002) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 3.Workflow Management Coalition: Interface 1: Process Definition Interchange Organisational Model. WfMC-TC-1016-O, Workflow Management Coalition (1998) Google Scholar
- 5.Li, H.C., Shi, M.L.: Workflow Models and Their Formal Descriptions. Chinese Journal of Computers 26(11), 1456–1463 (2003) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 6.Hu, C.C.: Organization Model and Solution in Workflow System (2004), http://www.javafox.org (in Chinese)
- 7.Zhao, W., Hu, W.H., Zhang, S.K., Wang, L.F.: Study and Application of a Workflow Meta-Model. Journal of Software 14(6), 1052–1059 (2003) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 8.Aalst, W.M.P., Hee, K.V.: Workflow Management: Models, Methods, and Systems. The MIT Press, Cambridge (2002)Google Scholar
- 12.Workflow Management Coalition. Process Definition Interface – XML Process Definition Language. WfMC-TC-1025, Workflow Management Coalition (2005)Google Scholar
- 13.Huang, Y., Shan, M.: Policies in a resource manager of workflow system: modeling, enforcement and management. In: International Conference on Data Engineering (1999)Google Scholar
- 14.Du, W., Davis, J., Huang, Y., Shan, M.: Enterprise workflow resource management. In: International Workshop on Research Issues in Data Engineering, Sydney, Australia, pp. 108–115 (1999)Google Scholar