Configurable Embedded Core for Controlling Electro-Mechanical Systems
This paper proposes a configurable embedded core for controlling electro-mechanical systems for continuous periodical movements. These are sub-systems that must operate and be controlled simultaneously with data or signal processing. The core integrates, for example, the control loop of two practical systems for typical light deflection purposes. An application is presented where the core is also applied for developing a complete image projection system. Experimental results show that an FPGA with modest resources, namely the SPARTAN-IIs300e, is able to fulfill the basic requirements of these applications.
KeywordsField Programmable Gate Array Pulse Width Modulation Control Core Embed Core Board Field Programmable Gate Array
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Best, R.: Phase-Locked Loops: Design, Simulation, and Applications, 5th edn. McGraw-Hill Professional, New York (2003)Google Scholar
- 2.Coreworks. Basic Board FPGA Development and Evaluation Board User Manual (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Fairchild. Cd-4046bc, micropower phase-locked loop (October 1987)Google Scholar
- 4.Germano, J., Baptista, R., Sousa, L.: Configurable platform for real time video processing and vision systems. In: XX Conference on Design of Circuits and Integrated Systems (DCIS 2005) (November 2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Piedade, R.: Image projector based on mechanical laser beam deflection (written in portuguese). Technical report, Instituto Superior Técnico (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Piedade, R., Sousa, L.: Laser image projector using reconfigurable logic control. In: Jornadas Sobre Sistema Reconfiguráveis (REC 2006) (November 2005) (submitted)Google Scholar