Data Grid System Based on Agent for Interoperability of Distributed Data
- 773 Downloads
This paper presents data grid system based on agent for an efficient interoperability of distributed data. Purpose of the data grid system is an efficient interoperability through sharing and exchanging data among distributed databases. Interoperability of distributed data is a basic condition for cooperation of existing legacy systems. More nodes for cooperation, better for distributed environment. On the other hand, we have to overcome heterogeneous characteristics of data and physical problems of network. Therefore, we use agent system which is independent, autonomous and mobile in distributed platform for solving this problem. As mobile Agent interacts asynchronously, it could lessen network traffic and support workload and distributed processing of services so that it is suitable for data grid system. Also we use XMDR(eXtended Metadata Registry) in ISO/IEC 11179 for sharing and exchanging data and overcome the heterogeneity of data. Therefore we improve availability and transparency of distributed data based on data grid middle- ware using proposed mobile agent and could construct data grid system with low cost.
KeywordsLegacy System Mobile Agent Agent System Service Agent Data Grid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Goldschmidt, B., Laszlo, Z.: Mobile Agents in a Distributed Heterogeneous Database System. In: Parallel, Distributed and Network-based Processing, IEEE, January 2002, pp. 123–128 (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Barkai, D.: Peer-to-Peer Computing Technologies for Sharing and Collaborating on the Net, pp. 181–191, Intel Press (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Wang, D.: Automated Semantic Correlation between Multiple Schema Information Exchange, May 2000, M.I.T, MM (2000)Google Scholar
- 6.Aloisio, G., Cafaro, M., Fiore, S., Mirto, M.: The Grid-DBMS: Towards Dynamic Data Management in Grid Environments. In: ITCC 2005, IEEE, vol. 2, pp. 199–204 (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Cabri, G., Leonardi, L., Zambonilli, F.: Mobile-Agent Coordination Models for Internet Applications. Computer, IEEE 33(2), 82–89 (2000)Google Scholar
- 8.Aberer, K., et al.: P-Grid: A Self-organizing Structured P2P System. In: SIGMOD Record (2003)Google Scholar
- 9.Hart, M., Jesse, S.: Oracle Database 10g: High Availablility with RAC, Flashback & Data Guard. Oracle Press (2005)Google Scholar
- 11.ISO/IEC IS 11179, Information technology -Specification and standardization of data elements (2003)Google Scholar
- 12.Microsoft BizTalk, http://www.microsoft.com/biztalk/