Intelligent Tutorial Planning Based on Extended Knowledge Structure Graph
Intelligent tutorial planning (ITP) is an important component of intelligent tutorial system (ITS). Models of domain knowledge, models of tutorial methods and models of learner are three key elements of ITS. In this paper, the concept of extended knowledge structure graph (EKSG) is presented. An EKSG integrates models of domain knowledge, models of tutorial methods and models of learner organically. Based on the EKSG, algorithms JUDGE and TPLAN are put forward to resolve ITP problems. The algorithm JUDGE calculates the optimal solution graph when there is a solution, and the algorithm TPLAN calculates optimal tutorial plan based on the solution graph. Both algorithms are proved to be correct, the efficiency of them is also discussed.
KeywordsDomain Knowledge Optimal Planning Main Loop Intelligent Tutoring System Edge Node
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Nilsson, N.J.: Principle of Artificial Intelligence. Morgan Kaufmann, Los Altos (1980)Google Scholar
- 3.Murray, W.R.: Control for intelligent tutoring systems: a blackboard-based dynamic instructional planner. AI Communications 2(2), 41–57 (1989)Google Scholar
- 4.Katz, S., Lesgold, A., Eggan, G., Gordin, M., Greenberg, L.: Self-adjusting curriculum planning in Sherlock II. In: Tomek, I. (ed.) ICCAL 1992. LNCS, vol. 602, pp. 343–355. Springer, Heidelberg (1992)Google Scholar
- 5.Liu, Y.W., Lai, W., Keong, W.K.: Multi-level navigation for curriculum planning in intelligent tutoring systems. In: 1997 IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Processing Systems (Cat. No.97TH8335), vol. 2, pp. 1151–1154 (1997)Google Scholar
- 6.Elorriaga, J.A.: Instructional planning in intelligent evolutive tutoring systems from a case-based reasoning approach. AI Communications 12(4), 259–260 (1999)Google Scholar
- 8.Li, Y.C., Zhang, X.Z.: Instruction pattern scheduling in Multi-instruction-pattern ITS. Journal of Southwest China Normal University (Natural Science) 28(6), 877–881 (2003)Google Scholar
- 9.Duan, Z.H.: A model of intelligence computer assisted instruction course ware. Journal of Shaoguan University (Natural Science) 4, 37–41 (2000)Google Scholar
- 10.Jiang, Y.F.: Intelligent tutorial planning based on knowledge structure graph. Computer research & development 35(9), 787–792 (1998)Google Scholar
- 11.Rambally, G.: A theory for adaptive personalization in web-based courses. In: Proceedings of the International Conference on Software Engineering Research and Practice, SERP 2004, pp. 42–48 (2004)Google Scholar