A Wireless LAN-Based Robust and Scalable Virtual Laboratory for E-Learning
E-learning provides a solution to meet the challenge of enrolments increasing. This paper describes design and implementation of wireless LAN based virtual laboratory (WLANVL) used as an e-learning environment. Users of WLANVL can develop and remotely execute a variety of laboratory experiments over internet. The WLANVL mainly includes end user’s workbench, management server and lab resources which are based on a set of controlled instruments. Wireless LAN based lab resources make this virtual laboratory scalable and redundancy management server makes it robust.
KeywordsManagement Server Computer Support Cooperative Work Virtual Laboratory Virtual Instrument Arbitrary Waveform Generator
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lucca, J., et al.: An assessment of elearning technologies to support telecommunications laboratory learning objectives. In: Proceedings of the Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences 2004, Big Island, HI., United States (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Liu, Y., Zheying, Luo, L.: Electronic circuits experimental lab over the internet. In: CSCWD 2004 - 8th International Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work in Design - Proceedings (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Sharda, R., et al.: Foundation for the study of computer-supported collaborative learning requiring immersive presence. Journal of Management Information Systems, 31–63 (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Ruddle, R.A., Peruch, P.: Effects of proprioceptive feedback and environmental characteristics on spatial learning in virtual environments. International Journal of Human Computer Studies, 299–326 (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Blanton, W.H.: Distance learning opportunities for electronic engineering technology graduates of community colleges. In: Proceedings of the 2004 ASEE Annual Conference (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Anton, D., Bragos, R., Riu, P.J.: Remotely accessible laboratory for instrumentation and sensors. In: Proceedings of the 2004 ASEE Annual Conference (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Wang, F.-Y., et al.: Distance learning of engineering courses with web-based real experimental experience. In: Proceedings of the 2003 ASEE Annual Conference (2003)Google Scholar