Challenges in Business Process Analysis and Optimization
As organizations become more and more process-centered and as the extended enterprise becomes more of a reality, there is an increasing need to move towards the intelligent enterprise characterized by its agility for provisioning resources and services and the adaptation and optimization of its business processes. Many are the challenges that need to be faced to equip the extended enterprise with intelligence, in particular with business process intelligence. In this paper we present an overview of some challenges, opportunities and directions for analysis and optimization of business processes towards the intelligent enterprise.
KeywordsBusiness Process Service Selection Business Process Management Resource Pool Process Execution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.van der Aalst, W., van Dongen, B.F., Herbst, J., Maruster, L., Schimm, G., Weijters, A.J.M.M.: Workflow Mining: A Survey of Issues and Approachea. Data and Knowledge Engineering 47(2) (2003)Google Scholar
- 2.Bonifati, A., Casati, F., Dayal, U., Shan, M.-C.: Warehousing Workflow Data: Challenges and Opportunities. In: Proceedings of VLDB 2001, Rome, Italy (September 2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Casati, F., Castellanos, M., Dayal, U., Hao, M., Shan, M.-C., Sayal, M.: Business Operation Intelligence Research at HP Labs. Data Engineering Bulletin 25(4) (December 2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Casati, F., Castellanos, M., Dayal, U., Shan, M.-C.: Probabilistic, Context-Sensitive, and Goal-Oriented Service Selection. In: Procs. of ICSOC 2005, New York (November 2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Castellanos, M., Salazar, N., Casati, F., Shan, M.-C., Dayal, U.: Automatic Metric Forecasting for Management Software. In: Procs. OVUA Workshop, Porto, Portugal (July 2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Castellanos, M., Casati, F., Dayal, U., Shan, M.-C.: iBOM: A Platform for Business Operation Management. In: Procs of ICDE 2005. Tokyo, Japan (June 2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Grigori, D., Casati, F., Castellanos, M., Dayal, U., Shan, M.-C., Sayal, M.: Business Process Intelligence. Computers in Industry 53(3) (April 2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Rozinat, A., Van der Aalst, W.: Conformance Testing: Measureing the Fit and Appropriateness of Event Logs and Process Models. In: Procs. of BPI 2005, Nancy, France (September 2005)Google Scholar
- 10.Sayal, M., Shan, M.-C.: Analysis of Numeric Data Streams at Different Granularities. In: IEEE International Conference on Granular Computing, Beijing, China (July 2005)Google Scholar