A P2P Market Place Based on Aggregate Signatures
A peer-to-peer market place is likely to be based on some underlying micro-payment scheme where each user can act both as a customer and as a merchant. Such systems, even when designed for largely distributed domains, may be implemented according to hybrid topologies where trusted third intermediaries (e.g. the broker) are single points of failures. For this reason it is crucial that such central entities scale well w.r.t. the overall number of transactions. In this paper, we focus on PPay as a case study, to show how the broker would greatly benefit in terms of computational cost if aggregate signatures are adopted instead of RSA signatures.
KeywordsSignature Scheme Market Place Aggregate Signature Digital Signature Scheme Weil Pairing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Dingledine, R., Molnar, M.J.F.D.: Peer-To-Peer: Harnessing the Power of Disruptive Technologies. ch. 16. O’Reilly, Sebastopol (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.Adar, E., Huberman, B.A.: Free riding on gnutella. First Monday (2000)Google Scholar
- 3.Cohen., B.: Incentives build robustness in bittorrent. In: Proc. of the 1st Workshop on the Economics of Peer-to-Peer Systems (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.eMule project, http://www.emule-project.ne
- 5.Yang, B., Garcia-Molina, H.: Ppay: micropayments for peer-to-peer systems. In: Proc. of the 10th ACM CCS. ACM Press, New York (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Catalano, D., Ruffo, G.: A fair micro-payment scheme for profit sharing in a p2p network. In: Proc. of HOT-P2P 2004. IEEE Press, Los Alamitos (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Ruffo, G., Schifanella, R.: Scalability evaluation of a peer-to-peer market place based on micro payments. In: Proc. of HOT-P2P 2005. IEEE Press, Los Alamitos (2005)Google Scholar
- 11.Gummadi, K.P., Dunn, R.J., Saroiu, S., Gribble, S.D., Levy, H.M., Zahorjan, J.: Measurement, modeling, and analysis of a peer-to-peer file-sharing workload. In: Proc. of SOSP 2003. ACM Press, New York (2003)Google Scholar
- 12.Barreto, P.S.L.M., Lynn, B., Scott, M.: Efficient implementation of pairing-based cryptosystems. J. Cryptology 17 (2004)Google Scholar