Analysis of GHT in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks
Distributed Hash Table (DHT) is a technology widely used in today’s network applications. With the rapid growth of mobile ad hoc network (MANET), a interface similar to DHT will be used in MANET. However the traditional approaches to construct DHT may not work in MANET due the routing problem in MANET. S. Ratnasamy etc. recently put forward the Geographic Hash Table (GHT) with the same interface as DHT in sensor networks. We wonder this approach can be used in MANET. In this paper, we provide some analyses and evaluations of GHT by means of simulation with ns-2. We present quantitative results with the cost of data dissemination and data query, the success rate, in various mobile scenarios and with different node density.
KeywordsNode Mobility Mobility Model Node Density Distribute Hash Table Mobile Scenario
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Frodigh, M., et al.: Wireless ad hoc networking: The art of networking without a network. Ericsson Review 4 (2000)Google Scholar
- 2.Stoica, I., Morris, R., Liben-Nowell, D., Karger, D.R., Kaashoek, M.F., Dabek, F., Balakrishnan, H.: Chord: A scalable peer-to-peer lookup protocol for internet applications. IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking 11(1), 149–160 (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Pucha, H., Saumitra, M., Das, Y., Hu, C.: How to implement dhts in mobile ad hoc networks? In: The 10th MobiCom, Philadelphia, PA, September 26-October 1 (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Pucha, H., Saumitra, M., Das, Y., Hu, C.: Ekta: An efficient dht substrate for distributed applications in mobile ad hoc networks. In: Sixth IEEE Workshop on Mobile Computing Systems and Applications, WMCSA 2004 (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Royer, E.M., Toh, C.K.: A review of current routing protocols for ad hoc mobile wireless networks. In: IEEE Personal Communication, pp. 46–55 (April 1999)Google Scholar
- 6.Ratnasamy, S., Karp, B., Shenker, S., Estrin, D., Govindan, R., Yin, L., Yu, F.: Data-centric storage in sensornets with ght, a geographic hash table. In: Mobile Networks and Applications (MONET), pp. 427–442 (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Liand, J., Jannotti, J., DeCouto, D., Karger, D., Morris, R.: A scalable location service for geographic adhoc routing. In: Proceedings of Sixth Annual ACM/IEEE International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MobiCom 2000), Boston, Massachusetts (August 2000)Google Scholar
- 9.Das, H.P.S.M., Hu, Y.C.: Performance comparison of scalable location services for geographic ad hoc routing. In: 24th Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies, INFOCOM 2005 (2005)Google Scholar
- 10.Karp, B., Kung, H.T.: Greedy perimeter stateless routing for wireless networks. In: MobiCom 2000, Boston, MA (August 2000)Google Scholar
- 11.Karp, B.: Geographic Routing for Wireless Networks. PhD thesis, Harvard University (2000)Google Scholar
- 12.Camp, T., Boleng, J., Davies, V.: A survey of mobility models for ad hoc network research. Wireless Communications & Mobile Computing(WCMC): Special issue on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking: Research, Trends and Applications 2(5), 483–502 (2002)Google Scholar