A Microeconomics-Based Resource Assignment Model for Grid Computing
In this paper, a microeconomics-based resource assignment model for grid computing is presented. In the proposed model, demand and supply relationship of gird resource affects its usage price and the price adjusts the amount of grid resource to be used by the user, so that the both-win between the user and the provider interests is achieved. The proposed model provides two schemes of grid resource assignment. When the available resource is abundant, the gaming scheme is used; based on the Nash equilibrium and Pareto optimality, the optimal usage amount of the resource by the user and the optimal usage price of the resource for the provider are determined. When the available resource is scarce, the biding scheme is used to assign resource to the user. Simulation results have shown that the proposed model is feasible and effective with good performance.
KeywordsNash Equilibrium Grid Computing Resource Usage Pareto Optimality Grid Resource
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Xingwei, W., Cong, L., Min, H., Jiannong, C.: Research on soft-computing-based intelligent multi-constrained wavelength assignment algorithms. In: IP/DWDM optical Internet. LNCS, vol. 3358, pp. 866–874. Springer, Heidelberg (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Rui, Z., Zhitang, L., Dezhi, Y.: Research on Economic Models in Grid Computing. Application Research of Computers 2, 82–84 (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Probst, M.: Utility computing: Determining when the price is right. The IT Journal, First Quarter, 66–73 (2002)Google Scholar
- 7.Fudenberg, D., Tirole, J.: Game Theory. China Renmin University Press, Beijing (2002)Google Scholar
- 9.Huizhong, Z.: Microeconomics. Shanghai People’s Publishing House, Shanghai (2003)Google Scholar
- 12.Bhargava, H.K., Sundaresan, S.: Contingent Bids in Auctions: Availability, Commitment and Pricing of Computing as Utility. In: Proceedings of the 37th Hawaii International Conference on System SciencesGoogle Scholar
- 13.Denda, R.: The Fairness Challenge in Computer Networks. Reihe Informatik 6 (2000)Google Scholar
- 14.The VINT Project: The ns Manual (formerly ns Notes and Documentation) (March 2005), http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/ns-documentation.html