Chaos-Based Dynamic QoS Scheme and Simulating Analysis
This paper takes use of chaos related theories to analyze the real network traffic about its chaotic properties and prediction attributes. Owning to the good performance of chaos-based prediction in short term forecasting, the prediction-based DiffServ framework and the Dynamic QoS scheme are firstly given in the paper. The OPNET-based simulating result shows that the QoS performaces and the network’s throughputs in heavy-load environment are all improved remarkably, comparing with the traditional static QoS configuring and measure-based dynamic QoS setting methods.
KeywordsNetwork Traffic Packet Delay Packet Loss Rate Large Lyapunov Exponent Service Layer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.IETF working Group:Resource Reservation Protocol(RSVP)– version 1Functional Speci-fication. RFC 2205Google Scholar
- 2.Cheng, I.J., Anthony, M., Armando, C., et al.: QoS Architecture Based on Differentiated Services for Next Generation. IETF Internet Draft (July 2000)Google Scholar
- 3.Isoyama, K., Yoshida, M., et al.: Policy Framework QoS Information Model for MPLS. IETF Internet Draft (July 12, 2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Zhao, B., Liu, Z.: Estimation of QoS Parameters Based on Measurement and Its Apl-lication. Journal of Software 13(7) (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Jin, X., Li, J.: Using Measurement-Based WFQ to Implement PDS and Its Per-formance Analysin. ACTA Electronica Sinica 30(3) (2002)Google Scholar
- 7.Feldmann, W., Gilbert, A.C., Willinger, W.: Data networks as cascades: investigating the multigractal nature of Internet WAN traffic. In: ACM SIGCOMM 1998 Conference, Vancouver, BC, Canada (1998)Google Scholar
- 9.liang, Z., Wang, L.: Short-term load prediction for power system based on Lyapunov exponent. Chinese Electrical Engineering Transaction 18(5), 368–371 (2002)Google Scholar