JFreeSim: A Grid Simulation Tool Based on MTMSMR Model
Due to the non-repeatability of the grid environment, limitation comes out when conducting grid performance analysis in real environment. Therefore, grid simulation tool is used extensively as an important research tool. This paper proposes JFreeSim, a new grid simulation tool based on multiple tasks, multiple schedulers and multiple resources (MTMSMR) model. As a modular and extensible simulation tool, JFreeSim realizes many kinds of entity modeling and communication mechanism between all entities, and makes system simulation accord with the characteristics of the grid environment. Experiments indicate that JFreeSim can provide users with flexibility in configuring and meet requirements of different system architectures and applications, and the simulation results are as expected.
KeywordsSchedule Algorithm Information Directory Grid System Computing Node Discrete Event Simulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Fujimoto, R.M.: Parallel and Distributed Simulation Systems. Proceedings of the Simulation Conference 1, 147–157 (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Hong, B., Prasanna, V.K.: A Modular and Extensible Simulator for Performance Evaluation of Adaptive Applications in Heterogeneous Computing Environments. In: Proceedings of the Algorithms and Architectures for Parallel Processing, October 2002, pp. 453–461 (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.MicroGrid: Online Simulation Tools for Grids, Distributed Systems and the Internet, http://www-csag.ucsd.edu/projects/grid/microgrid.html
- 5.Bricks Project, http://www.is.ocha.ac.jp/~takefusa/bricks/
- 6.SimGrid: A Toolkit for the Simulation of Application Scheduling, http://gcl.ucsd.edu/simgrid/
- 7.GridSim: A Grid Simulation Toolkit for Resource Modelling and Application Scheduling for Parallel and Distributed Computing, http://www.gridbus.org/gridsim/
- 8.ChicSim Project, http://people.cs.uchicago.edu/~krangana/ChicSim.html
- 9.HyperSim Project, http://hpcnc.cpe.ku.ac.th/moin/HyperSim/
- 10.Phatanapherom, S., Uthayopas, P., Kachitvichyanukul, V.: Fast Simulation Model for Grid Scheduling Using HyperSim. Proceedings of the Simulation Conference 2, 1494–1500 (2003)Google Scholar
- 11.Sulistio, A., Buyya, R.: A Grid Simulation Infrastructure Supporting Advance Reservation. In: Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing and Systems, November 2004, pp. 1–7 (2004)Google Scholar
- 12.Buyya, R., Murshed, M.: GridSim: A Toolkit for the Modeling and Simulation of Distributed Resource Management and Scheduling for Grid Computing. In: The Journal of Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience, November-December 2002, vol. 14(13-15), pp. 13–15. Wiley Press, Chichester (2002)Google Scholar
- 14.SimJava: a discrete event simulation package for Java with applications in computer systems modeling, http://www.dcs.ed.ac.uk/home/simjava/