Ensemble-2: Dynamic Composition of MPMD Programs
Ensemble-1 has been proposed for composing applications, consisting of MPI based components and external composition directives. Composed applications may be executed on any MPI distribution. Ensemble-1 followed the “static” principles of MPI-1; there is no dynamic process creation or destruction. In this paper, we propose Ensemble-2 supporting the composition of dynamically created processes following MPI-2 standard. The composition is based on construction of intercommunicators and establishing communication channels using either the parent/child or the client/server process relationship model.
KeywordsMessage Passing Interface Atmospheric Process Parent Process Communicator Construction Local Port
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Message Passing Interface Forum MPI: A Message Passing Interface Standard. International Journal of Supercomputer Applications 8(3/4), 165–414 (1994)Google Scholar
- 5.Message Passing Interface Forum. MPI-2: Extensions to the Message Passing Interface (July 1997), www.mpi-forum.org
- 6.Ahrem, R., Post, P., Steckel, B., Wolf, K.: MpCCI: A Tool for Coupling CFD with Other Disciplines. In: Proceedings of the 5th World Conference in Applied Fluid Dynamics, CFD-Efficiency and the Economic Benefit in Manufacturing, June 17-21 (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Gropp, W., Lusk, E.: Installation and User’s Guide for MPICH, A Portable implementation of MPI, ANL-01/x. Argonne National Laboratory (2001)Google Scholar
- 8.Gropp, W., Lusk, E.: Installation and User’s Guide for MPICH2. Mathematics and Computer Division. Argonne National Laboratory (March 2005)Google Scholar
- 9.Burns, G., Daoud, R., Vaigl, J.: LAM: An Open Cluster Environment for MPI. In: Proceedings of Supercomputing Symposium, pp. 379–386 (1994)Google Scholar
- 10.Van Rossum, G., Drake, F.L.: Python Reference Manual Release 2.4.1 (March 2005), www.python.org