Benchmarking One-Sided Communication with SKaMPI 5
SKaMPI is now an established benchmark for MPI implementations. Two important goals of the development of version 5 of SKaMPI were the extension of the benchmark to cover more functionality of MPI, and a redesign of the benchmark allowing it to be extended more easily. In the present paper we give an overview of the extension of SKaMPI 5 for the evaluation of one-sided communication and present a few selected results of benchmark runs, giving an impression of the breadth and depth of SKaMPI 5.A look at the source code, which is available under the GPL, reveals that it was easy to extend SKaMPI 5 with benchmarks for one-sided communication.
KeywordsSKaMPI MPI benchmark extensibility one-sided communication
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Desplat, J.-C.: Porting SHMEM codes to MPI-2. Technical Report EPCC-TR01-01, EPCC, Univ. of Edinburgh (2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Intel. MPI benchmarks 2.3 distribution (2004). Available at http://www.intel.com/software/products/cluster/downloads/IMB_2.3.tar.gz
- 7.Mohror, K., Karavenic, K.L.: Performance tool support for MPI-2 on Linux. In: Proc. Supercomputing (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Scalable Computing Laboratory. Netpipe (2004), Available at http://www.scl.ameslab.gov/Projects/NetPIPE/
- 9.Straub, M.-O.: Leistungsmessung einseitiger Kommunikation in MPI-Bibliotheken. Diploma thesis (in German), Fakultät für Informatik, University of Karlsruhe (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Träff, J.L., Ritzdorf, H., Hempel, R.: The implementation of MPI–2 one-sided communication for the NEC SX. In: Proc. Supercomputing (2000)Google Scholar