Tools for Address-Event-Representation Communication Systems and Debugging
Address-Event-Representation (AER) is a communications protocol for transferring spikes between bio-inspired chips. Such systems may consist of a hierarchical structure with several chips that transmit spikes among them in real time, while performing some processing. To develop and test AER based systems it is convenient to have a set of instruments that would allow to: generate AER streams, monitor the output produced by neural chips and modify the spike stream produced by an emitting chip to adapt it to the requirements of the receiving elements. In this paper we present a set of tools that implement these functions developed in the CAVIAR EU project.
KeywordsAddress Event Spike Stream Receiver Chip Frame Base Representation Neural Chip
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Sivilotti, M.: Wiring Considerations in analog VLSI Systems with Application to Field-Programmable Networks, Ph.D. Thesis, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena CA (1991)Google Scholar
- 2.Cohen, A., Douglas, R., Koch, C., Sejnowski, T., Shamma, S., Horiuchi, T., Indiveri, G.: Report to the National Science Foundation. In: Workshop on Neuromorphic Engineering, Telluride, Colorado, USA, June-July (2001), www.ini.unizh.ch/telluride
- 3.Dante, V.: PCI AER Adapter board, http://neural.iss.infn.it/Board/draft.html
- 4.Linares-Barranco, A.: Estudio y evaluación de interfaces para la conexión de sistemas neuromórficos mediante Address- Event-Representation. Ph.D. Thesis, University of Seville, Spain (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Linares-Barranco, A., Senhadji-Navarro, R., García-Vargas, I., Gómez-Rodríguez, F., Jimenez, G., Civit, A.: Synthetic Generation of Address-Event for Real-Time Image Processing. In: ETFA 2003, Proceedings, Lisbon, September 2003, vol. 2, pp. 462–467 (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Linares-Barranco, A., Jimenez-Moreno, G., Civit-Ballcels, A., Linares-Barranco, B.: On synthetic AER generation. In: ISCAS 2004. Proceedings of the IEEE 2004, May 2004, vol. 5, pp. V-784–V-787 (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Cohen, A., et al.: Report on the 2004 Workshop On Neuromorphic Engineering, Telluride, CO. June - July (2004), http://www.ini.unizh.ch/telluride/previous/report04.pdf
- 8.Oster, M.: Serverbased Software Architecture for AER systems, http://www.ini.unizh.ch/~mao/AerSoftware/SoftwareOverview.pdf