Mobile Password System for Enhancing Usability-Guaranteed Security in Mobile Phone Banking
To use mobile phone banking, we have to input personal identification number, account password and security card number. When it comes to the time of using wireless public key infrastructure practically, it will be equipped with the four-stage password input system by adding the certificate password. In this paper, we introduce DAS4M(Dynamic Authentication System for Mobile phone user) password system where the password could prevent from being exposed to other people during inputting. To discuss and simulate the validity of the proposed system, we develop a mobile application which is operable on the WIPI mobile platforms. The proposed system enhances the exposure rate of the password compared to the incumbent mobile phone banking password input system up to more than 84 times. Moreover, through the experiment with the usability which has the tradeoff relationship with the password security in terms of input time, error rate and user response, we can observe that it does not make a big difference as a result.
KeywordsMobile Phone Smart Card Authentication System Mobile Phone User Mobile Banking
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.DaeHo, K. (ed.): Digital Convergence, Communication Books, Seoul (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.JiBum, J., HanJu, K.: Survey and analysis of mobile commerce. Weekly Technique Review 1139, ETRI (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.MahnYong, L., et al.: Cryptography and Application. Saengrung Publisher, Seoul (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Halevi, S., Krawczyk, H.: Public-key cryptography and password protocols. ACM Security (CCS 1998), 122–131 (1998)Google Scholar
- 8.Bellovin, S.M., Merrit, M.: Augmented encrypted key exchange: Password-based protocol secure against dictionary attack and password file compromise. In: ACM Security (CCS 1993), pp. 244–250 (1993)Google Scholar
- 10.Gong, L.: Optimal authentication protocols resistant to password guessing attacks. In: 8th IEEE Computer Security Foundations Workshop, pp. 24–29 (1995)Google Scholar
- 15.WIPI Specification, http://www.kwisforum.org
- 17.Ktf WIPI Emulator, http://wipidev.magicn.com/