Efficient Iris-Region Normalization for a Video Surveillance System
An efficient approach for iris recognition is presented in this paper. An efficient iris region normalization consists of a doubly polar coordinate and noise region exclude. And then a Haar wavelet transform is used to extract features from iris region of normalized. From this evaluation, we obtain iris code of small size and very high recognition rate. This effort is intended to enable a human authentication in small embedded systems, such as an integrated circuit card.
KeywordsIris Region Haar Wavelet Equal Error Rate False Reject Rate High Recognition Rate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Daugman, J.G.: Recognizing persons by their iris patterns. Cambridge University, Cambridge (1997)Google Scholar
- 5.Randy, K.: Wavelet and signal processing. Kluwer Academic Publisher, Dordrecht (1992)Google Scholar
- 6.Rioul, O., Vetterli, M.: Wavelet and signal processing. IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, 14–38 (October 1981)Google Scholar
- 7.Strang, G., Nguyen, T.: Wavelet and filter banks. Wesley-Cambridge Press (1996)Google Scholar
- 8.Gonzalez, R.C., Woods, R.E.: Digital image processing, 2nd edn. Addison-Wesley, Reading (2002)Google Scholar
- 9.Lim, S., Lee, K., Byeon, O., Kim, T.: Efficient iris recognition through improvement of feature vector and classifier. ETRI Journal 23(2) (June 2001)Google Scholar