Optimized Initiation Phases for Anonymous Auction Protocols
Electronic Commerce (EC) has made rapid progress in recent years. Internet auctions have become especially popular in EC. Recently, Jiang-Pan-Li (JPL) proposed an improvement on Chang et al.’s efficient anonymous auction protocols in order to overcome the security weakness in the initiation phase of Chang et al.’s protocol. The current paper, however, points out that JPL’s initiation protocol is inefficiently designed and then, two optimized initiation protocols are presented to resolve such problems.
KeywordsSecurity Auction protocol Anonymity Efficiency Initiation protocol
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kikuchi, H., Hakavy, M., Tygar, D.: Multi-round Anonymous Auction Protocols. IEICE Transactions on Information and System E82-D(4), 769–777 (1999)Google Scholar
- 2.Omote, K., Miyaji, A.: An Anonymous Sealed-bid Auction with a Feature of Entertainment. Transactions on Information Processing Society of Japan, 2049–2056 (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Franklin, M.K., Reiter, M.K.: The Design and Implementation of a Secure Auction Service. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 302–312 (1996)Google Scholar
- 7.Jiang, R., Pan, L., Li, J.H.: An Improvement on Efficient Anonymous Auction Protocols. Computers & Security (2005); Articles in PressGoogle Scholar
- 8.Guttman, J.D.: Security Protocol Design via Authentication Tests. In: Proceedings of the 15th IEEE computer security foundations workshop. IEEE CS Press (2002)Google Scholar
- 10.Thayer, F.J., Herzog, J.C., Guttman, J.D.: Strand Spaces: Proving Security Protocols Correct. Journal of Computer Security 7(2/3), 191–230 (1999)Google Scholar