Tracking Data Management of Spatial DBMS Using Topology for Location-Based Services
With the rapid advances of wireless and positioning technologies, an interest in LBS (Location-Based Services) is gradually rising. To provide LBS, tracking data should have been stored in database with the proper policies and managed efficiently. In this paper, tracking data management technique using topology is proposed. Tracking data is corresponded to the moving path of an object. In proposed technique, database is updated when moving object arrived at a street intersection or a curved road which is represented as the node in topology and we can predict the location at past and future with attribute of topology and linear function. In this technique, location data that are correspond to the node in topology are stored, thus reduce the number of updates of data. Also as using topology as well as existing location information, accuracy for prediction of location is increased than applying only linear function or spline function.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.3rd Generation Partnership Project: Technical Specification Group Services and System Aspect; Location Services (LCS); Service description, Stage1 (Release4), 3GPP TS 22.071Google Scholar
- 2.The CHOROCHRONOS Participants, CHOROCHRONOS: A Research network for Spatiotemporal Database systems. SIGMOD Record 28(3) (1999)Google Scholar
- 3.Rigaux, P., Voisard, A., Scholl, M.O.: Spatial Database: With Application to GIS. Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, San Francisco (2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Pfoser, D., Jensen, C.S.: Capturing the Uncertainty of Moving Object Representations, CHOROCHRONOS, Technical Report CC-99-2 (1999)Google Scholar
- 5.Pfoser, D., Tryfona, N.: Fuzziness and uncertainty in Spatiotemporal Applications, CHOROCHRONOS, Technical Report CH-00-04 (2000)Google Scholar
- 6.Pfoser, D., Tryfona, N.: Requirement, Definitions and Notations for Spatiotemporal Application Environments, CHOROCHRONOS, Technical Report CH-98-09 (1998)Google Scholar
- 7.P. Sistla, Wolfson, O., Chamberlain, S., Dao, S.: Modeling and Querying Moving Objects. In: Proceedings of ICDE (1997)Google Scholar
- 9.Wolfson, O., Prasad Sistla, A., Xu, B., Zhou, J., Chamberlain, S.: DOMINO: Database fOr MonINg Objects tracking. In: Proceedings of SIGMOD (1999)Google Scholar
- 10.Wolfson, O., Xu, B., Chamberlain, S., Jiang, L.: Moving Objects Databases: Issues and Solutions. In: Proceedings of SSDBM (1998)Google Scholar
- 11.Wu, S.-Y., Wu, K.-T.: Dynamic Data Management for Location Based Services in Mobile Environments. In: Proceedings of IDEAS (2003)Google Scholar