Local Atomic Environment of High-κ Oxides on Silicon Probed by X-Ray Absorption Spectroscopy
- 1.8k Downloads
We describe the use of X-ray absorption spectroscopy (XAS) with synchrotron radiation to study the local atomic structure of high-κ oxide thin and ultra-thin films deposited on silicon. A brief description of the advantages of XAS to probe local atomic arrangements in this context is given. We then describe two case studies: Y2O3/Si(001) and Lu2O3/Si(001).
Keywords71.55.-i; 72.80.Sk; 73.20.At; 75.47.Lx; 77.55.+f
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- D. C. Koningsberger, R. Prins (Eds.): X-Ray Absorption: Principles, Applications, Techniques of EXAFS, SEXAFS and XANES (Wiley, New York 1988) Google Scholar
- K. J. Hubbard, D. G. Schlom: Thermodynamic stability of binary oxides in contact with silicon, J. Mater. Res. 11, 2757 (1996) Google Scholar
- M. Malvestuto, G. Scarel, C. Wiemer, M. Fanciulli, F. D'Acapito, F. Boscherini: X-ray absorption spectroscopy study of 2O3 and 2O3 thin films deposited on (100) by atomic layer deposition, Nucl. Instrum. Met. B (2006) accepted for publication Google Scholar
- G. V. Samsonov, I. Y. Gil'man: Electronic structure and physical properties of the oxides of the lanthanides – a review'', Poroshkovaya Metallurgiya 11, 73 (1974) Google Scholar
- H. Schumann, I. L. Fedushkin, M. Hummert, G. Scarel, E. Bonera, M. Fanciulli: Crystal and molecular structure of [η55H4SiMe3)2LuCl]2: A precursor for the production of 2O3 films, Z. Naturforsch. 59b, 1035 (2004) Google Scholar