Towards B2B Integration in Telecommunications with Semantic Web Services
This paper describes BT Wholesale’s B2B Gateway as an approach to provide Business-to-Business integration within the Telecommunications sector. Although the Gateway provides increased efficiency over separate systems, the process to allow business partners to integrate is lengthy and costly. The application of Semantic Web Services will ease the integration process. The Web Services Modelling Ontology is described and applied to the Gateway. The paper presents the initial requirements of the Gateway upon WSMO and proposes how WSMO could provide further benefit in the future.
KeywordsService Provider Electronic Data Interchange Operational Support System Telecommunication Sector Schema Language
- 1.Evans, D., Milham, D., O’Sullivan, E., Roberts, M.: Electronic Gateways—Forging the Links in Communications Services Value Chains. The Journal of The Communications Network, vol. 1, Part 1 (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Fensel, D., Bussler, C.: The Web Service Modeling Framework WSMF. In: Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, vol. 1(2). Elsevier Science B.V., Amsterdam (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.TeleManagement Forum, Enhanced Telecom Operations Map (eTOM) data sheet, Available on the web at: http://www.tmforum.org/
- 6.Battle, S.: Round-tripping between XML and RDF. In: ISWC 2004 Poster Presentation (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Grimm, S., et al.: Service Mediation: State-of-the-art and Reqirements Analysis. DIP Deliverable 5.1 (2004)Google Scholar