Spatially Extended Monotone Mappings
- 368 Downloads
This chapter deals with the study of travelling waves in discrete time spatially extended systems with monotone dynamics. Such systems appear for instance in alloy solidification, in population dynamics and in solid-state physics. Special emphasis is made on the existence of travelling waves, on the uniqueness of their velocity and on their relevance for the description of propagation phenomena in such systems.
KeywordsTravel Wave Solution Rotation Number Front Velocity Continuous Distribution Function Coupling Operator
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 8.C. Golé, Symplectic twist maps, World Scientific (2001).Google Scholar
- 9.A. Kolmogorov and S. Fomin, Elements of the theory of functions and of functional analysis, Mir (1976).Google Scholar
- 10.E. Lukacs, Characteristic functions, Hafner Publishing Co. (1970).Google Scholar
- 11.W. Rudin, Principles of mathematical analysis, 3rd edition, McGraw-Hill (1976).Google Scholar
- 12.H. Weinberger, Long-time behaviour of a class of biological models, SIAM J. Math. Anal. 13 (1982) 353–396.Google Scholar