Consumer-SC: An e-Gov Portal for Consumers Rights Protection in Brazil
- 1k Downloads
Improving access to information and governmental assistance to citizens is nowadays considered as an important mechanism to enhance citizenship. As the number of web-enabled citizens increases, government is expected to deliver more effective on-line services, especially designed to meet the needs of the constituents. Since many citizens want to have the convenience of interacting with all levels of the government using information technology tools, the electronic government has consolidated its position as the best alternative to improve the interaction between government and citizen. It is described herein a Brazilian experience in developing an e-gov project for consumers rights protection. The project “Consumer-SC: Santa Catarina Consumer’s Portal” applies Information Technology and Artificial Intelligence techniques to provide means of higher quality and efficiency on the field of consumer protection in Brazil.
KeywordsSecurity Council Consumer Protection Artificial Intelligence Technique Legal Assistance Electronic Service
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Governments Using Technology to Serve the Citizen. Washington, DC. US Intergovernmental Advisory Board, 38p (1999)Google Scholar
- 2.Bittencourt Filho, J.C.M.: The Public Services Provided by Brazilian Government over the Internet. Universidade Federal da Bahia - Escola de Administração - Núcleo de Pós-Graduação em Administração (April 2000)Google Scholar
- 3.Amondt, A., Plaza, E.: Case-Based Reasoning: Fundamental Issues, Methodological Variations, and System Approaches. AI Communications 17(1) (1994)Google Scholar
- 4.Hoeschl, H.C., et al.: Olimpo: Contextual structured search to improve the representation of UN Security Council resolutions with information extraction methods. In: 8a. International conference on artificial intelligence and law, 2001, St. Louis.ICAIL 2001 Proceedings, pp. 217–218. ACM SIGART, New York (2001)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 6.Hoeschl, H.C., Bueno, T.C.D., Mattos, E.S., Bortolon, A., Ribeiro, M.S., Theiss, I., Barcia, R.M., Mattos, E.S.: Structured Contextual Search for the UN Security Council. In: ICEIS - 5th International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems, Angers Selected Papers Books: Enterprise Information Systems IV, Kluwer, Dordrecht (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Consumer SC – Santa Catarina Consumer’s Portal, www.ijuris.org/consumidor.sc
- 8.Juridical Institute of Intelligence and Systems – IJURIS, http://www.ijuris.org