Usage of e-Government Services in European Regions
- 1k Downloads
This paper presents some of the findings of an international research project entitled BISER (www.biser-eu.com) – “Benchmarking the Information Society in European Regions”, namely in the field of e-government. Citizen-to-administration as well as business-to-administration demand is analyzed in 28 regions (from 14 EU Member States), e.g. Brittany, Friesland, Greater Manchester or Tuscany. The survey reveals significant differences between businesses’ and citizens’ usage of e-government services, as well as between different European regions. Furthermore, it discusses potential barriers.
KeywordsEuropean Region Social Contribution Computer Assisted Telephone Interview International Research Project Personal Document
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Accenture, e-Government, the commitment continues (2001), http://www.accenture.com
- 2.Cap Gemini Ernst & Young, Webbasierte Untersuchung des elektronischen Service-Angebots der Öffentlichen Hand (2002), http://www.de.cgey.com/servlet/PB/show/1005708/eEurope.pdf
- 3.EOS Gallup Europe Flash Eurobarometer 112. Internet and the Public at Large (2001), http://europa.eu.int/comm/public_opinion/flash/fl112_en.pdf
- 4.SIBIS, Statistical Indicators Benchmarking the Information Society (2003), http://www.sibis-eu.org
- 5.World Market Research Centre, Global e-Government Survey (2001), http://www.worldmarketsanalysis.com/pdf/e-govreport.pdf