e-Government at a Decisive Moment: Sketching a Roadmap to Excellence
- 1.1k Downloads
e-Government has become both: a vision and the world we live in. With information as the lifeblood of modern society, the enabling potential of information technology is recognised sufficiently in its full extent. So e-Government has become a guiding vision that provides a comprehensive view of citizen demands and their fulfilment in administrative processes. Moreover, Government has turned into e-Government: thus all – agencies, citizen and enterprises – draw heavily on increased use of information, on more sophisticated service provision, on a creative and thorough redesign of existing administrative processes, and on innovative forms in assisting governance.
KeywordsBusiness Process Domain Ontology Governmental Activity Administrative Process Administrative Work
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.eEUROPE 2002. Action Plan prepared by the Commission for the European Council of Santa Maria de Feira. Brussels, June 14 (2000), http://europa.eu.int/information_society/eeurope/action_plan/pdf/actionplan_en.pdf
- 2.eEUROPE 2005. An information Society for all. Brussels May 28 (2002), http://europa.eu.int/information_society/eeurope/news_library/documents/eeurope2005/eeurope2005_en.pdf
- 3.ERA objectives of the EC: Towards a European Research Area: http://www.cordis.lu/rtd2002/era-debate/era.htm
- 4.IST Workprogramme 2003-2004 Integrating and strengthening the European Research Area (2002-2006), http://www.cordis.lu/fp6/sp1_wp.htm
- 5.Ronaghan, S.A.: Benchmarking e-Government: a Global Perspective – Assessing the Progress of the UN Member States. Final Report of the Global Survey of e-Government by UN and the American Society for Public Administration (May 2002), http://www.unpan.org/e-government/Benchmarking%20E-gov%202001.pdf
- 6.Wauters, P., Kerschot, H.: Web-based Survey on Electronic Public Services. Summary Report, European Commission, Directorate General Information Society (2002), http://europa.eu.int/information_society/eeurope/benchmarking/list/2002/index_en.htm
- 7.Wimmer, M.: Integrated service modelling for online one-stop Government. In: EM – Electronic Markets, special issue on e-Government, vol. 12(3), pp. 1–8 (2002)Google Scholar
- 8.Wimmer, M., Traunmüller, R., Lenk, K.: Electronic Business Invading the Public Sector: Considerations on Change and Design. In: Proceedings of the 34th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS–34), Hawaii (2001)Google Scholar