Implementation Architecture for a National Data Center
- 302 Downloads
In this paper, the authors’ main focus is presenting the implementation architecture of Ramroop and Pascoe’s  conceptual model for data integration in a Geographic Information System (GIS) environment. The model is briefly discussed and extensions to the model are made. These extensions are also applied to the notation Ramroop and Pascoe  used to denote the entire data integration process. The model consists of a Data Center and Data Agencies at a national level. Details of the actual processing steps followed within the Data Center is discussed and the general architecture design is described. The implementation of the concept is modular starting with the first service called the Selector Broker. Multiple tools are being considered for further investigation.
KeywordsGeographic Information System Data Integration User Query Legal Procedure Data Agency
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Aronoff, S.: Geographic Information Systems: A Management Perspective. WDL Publications, Ottawa (1993)Google Scholar
- 4.Dueker, K.J., Vrana, R.: Systems Integration: A Reason and a Means for Data Sharing. Sharing Geographic Information. In: Onsrud, H.J., Rushton, G. (eds.) Center for Urban Policy Research, New Brunswick, New Jersey, pp. 149–155 (1995)Google Scholar
- 5.Johnson, B.D., Shelly, E.P., Taylor, M.M., Callahan, S.: The FINDAR Directory System: A Meta-Model for Metadata. In: Medyckyj-Scott, D., Newman, I., Ruggles, C., Walker, D. (eds.) Metadata in the Geosciences, pp. 123–137. Group D Publications Ltd, United Kingdom (1991)Google Scholar
- 7.Pascoe, R.T.: Data Sharing Using X.500 Directory. In: First International Conference on Geoprocessing. Spatial Information Research Center (SIRC), pp. 689–698. University of Otago, New Zealand (1996)Google Scholar
- 8.Peel, R.: Unifying Spatial Information. Mapping Awareness 10(8), 28–30 (1997)Google Scholar
- 9.Ramroop, S., Pascoe, R.T.: Notation for National Integration of Geographic Data. In: Firns, P. (ed.) 10th Annual Colloquium of the Spatial Information Research Centre. Spatial Information Research Center (SIRC), pp. 279–288. University of Otago, New Zealand (1998)Google Scholar