Knowledge Management for a Cooperative Design System
Every five years, the French Ministry of Industry launches a study about the key technologies for the next five years. Knowledge capitalization was one of the mentioned technologies in 2000. This paper starts with the description of some problems forecasted at that time and the actual situation since. In this context, a definition for knowledge management is presented, and some related concepts are proposed.
Finally, it is shown how the expert system technology associated with a cooperative design modeler allows the implementation of the knowledge management concepts.
KeywordsCo-operative Design Knowledge Management Ontologies
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- “Key technologies for 2005,” 2000, Les éditions de l’industrie, Paris, ISBN 2 11 091986 8.Google Scholar
- “100 Technologies clés pour la France,” 1995, Les éditions de l’ind., Paris.Google Scholar
- Working document for the Manufuture 2003 Conference, European Manufacturing of the Future: Role of Research and Education for European Leadership, 1–2 December 2003, Milano, Italy, European Commission., http://europa.eu.int/comm/research/industrial_technologies/lists/list_112_en.htmlGoogle Scholar
- Malhotra, Y., 1998, “Knowledge Management, Knowledge Organizations & Knowledge Workers: A View from the Frontlines,” Maeil Business Newspaper, February 19, 1998.Google Scholar
- Henriot, Traité pratique sur les engrenages, Dunot, France, 1978, 1980, 1982.Google Scholar
- Tichkiewitch, S., Véron, M., 1997, “Methodology And Product Model For Integrated Design Using A Multi-View System,” Annals of CIRP, Vol. 46/1, pp. 81–84.Google Scholar