Part of the Solid Mechanics and its Applications book series (SMIA, volume 130)
Acceleration Sensor Based on Diamagnetic Levitation
A novel force feedback acceleration sensor concept, featuring levitation of the inertial mass, is presented in this paper.
Key wordssensor diamagnetic levitation accelerometer seismometer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Earnshaw, S., On the Nature of the Molecular Forces which Regulate the Constitution of the Lumiferous Ether, Trans. Camb. Phil. Soc. 7, 1842, pp. 97–112.Google Scholar
- 2.Pelrine, R.E., Room Temperature Open-loop Levitation of Microdevices Using Diamagnetic Materials, in Proc. IEEE Micro Electro Mechanical Systems, 1990, pp. 34–37.Google Scholar
- 3.Simon, M.D., Heflinger, L.O. and Geim, A.K., Diamagnetically Stabilized Magnet Levitation, Am. J. Phys., Vol. 69, No. 6, pp. 702–713.Google Scholar
- 4.Moser, R., F. Barrot, F. and Bleuler, H., Optimization of Two-dimensional Permanent Magnet Arrays for Diamagnetic Levitation, in Proc. MAGLEV, 2002.Google Scholar
- 5.Moser, R., Regamey, Y., Sandtner, J. and Bleuler, H., Passive Diamagnetic Levitation for Flywheels, in Proc. 8th ISMB, 2002.Google Scholar
- 6.Moser, R., Sandtner, J. and Bleuler, H., Diamagnetic Suspension Assisted by electrostatic Actuators, in Proc. 6th ISMST, 2001.Google Scholar
© Springer 2005