Bifurcations Caused by Sampling Effects in Robotic Force Control
The empirically developed force control in cases of the robotic polishing and the rehabilitation robots serve as a motivation for the study of the peculiar dynamic behaviour of digital force control. The effect of the sampling times of the digital controllers are studied analytically, and the corresponding stability charts are presented for different gain and mechanical parameters describing also the different sampling frequencies at the force sensors and in the digital control loop. The types of bifurcations are also identified at the stability limits. As one of the practical conclusions, the negative role of differential gain is explained in digital force control.
Key wordsforce controlled robots differential gain delayed oscillator
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Arz, G., Tóth, A., Fazekas, G., Bratanov, D. and Zlatov, N. (2003). Three-dimensional antispastic physiotherapy with the industrial robots of “Reharob”. In Proceedings of The Eight International Conference on Rehabilitation Robotics (ICORR 2003), Republic of Korea, pp. 215–218.Google Scholar
- Craig, J.J. (1986). Introduction to Robotics Mechanics and Control. Addison-Wesley, Reading, MA.Google Scholar
- Gorinevsky, D.M., Formalsky, A.M. and Schneider, A.Yu. (1997). Force Control of Robotics Systems. CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL.Google Scholar
- Kövecses, J., Piedboeuf, J.C. and Lange, C. (2003). Dynamics modeling and simulation of constrained robotic systems. IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, 8(2):165–177.Google Scholar
- Natale, C. (2003). Interaction Control of Robot Manipulators. Springer-Verlag, Berlin.Google Scholar
- Quian, H.P. and Schutter, J. De (1992). The role of damping and low pass filtering in the stability of discrete time implemented robot force control. In Proceedings of the 1992 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Nice, France, p. 1368–1373.Google Scholar
- Siciliano, B. and Villani, L. (1999). Robot Force Control. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht.Google Scholar
- Slotine, J.J.E. and Li, W. (1991). Applied Nonlinear Control. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ.Google Scholar
- Stépán, G. (1989). Retarded Dynamical Systems. Longman, London.Google Scholar