Master-Slave Bilateral Control of Hydraulic Hand for Humanitarian Demining
At present, the Sensing and Access Control R&D for Humanitarian Mine Action project has been carrying out by the Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST). Chiba University’s group join to this project. Our effort is to develop a small vehicle for mine detection and clearance. Specifically we are concerned with the development of a 6-degree-of-freedom robot arm for exposing buried anti-personnel mines, with plans of field-testing in Afghanistan in 2005. This paper describes the current state of development in the anti-personnel mine exposure and clearance system, focusing on the robot arm and the master-slave bilateral control hand system.
Key wordshumanitarian demining mine action master-slave bilateral control hand system mine hunter vehicle
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Nonami, K. et al., Development and Control of Mine Detection Robot COMET-II and COMET-III, JSME International Journal, Ser. C, Vol. 46(3), 2003, 881–890.Google Scholar
- Research and Development of Sensing Technology and Access-and-Control Technology for Supporting Antipersonnel Mine Detection and Removal Activities from the Humanitarian Point of View: http://www.jst.go.jp/kisoken/jirai/index.htmlGoogle Scholar
- http://www.jst.go.jp/kisoken/jirai/kadai-frameset.htmlGoogle Scholar
- http://www.jst.go.jp/pr/jst-news/ 2004/ 2004-07/page16.htmlGoogle Scholar
- Sato, M., Fang, G. and Zeng, Z., Landmine Detection by a Broadband GPR System, in Proc. IEEE Int. Symp. Geoscience and Remote Sensing, IGARSS 2003, 2003.Google Scholar
- Yamada, H., Takeichi, K. and Muto, T., Sliding Mode Control of Hydraulic Power Shovel, Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Vol. 68(670), 2002, 1768–1774.Google Scholar
- Humanitarian Demining-Developmental Technologies, 2000–2001 DoD Humanitarian Demining R&D Program.Google Scholar
- Nonami, K. et al., Preliminary Design and Feasiblity Study of 6DOF Robot for Excavation of Landmine, Autonomous Robot, Vol. 18, 2005, 293–301.Google Scholar
- Nonami, K. et al., Research and Development of Mine Hunter Vehicle for Humanitarian Demining, in Proc. IEEE Int. Advanced Robotics Program on Humanitarian Demining, Tokyo, 2005.Google Scholar