Part of the Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology book series (AEMB, volume 582)
The Neglected Tropical Diseases: The Ancient Afflictions of Stigma and Poverty and the Prospects for their Control and Elimination
KeywordsVisceral Leishmaniasis Lymphatic Filariasis Buruli Ulcer Hookworm Infection Melinda Gate Foundation
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Grove, D.I. (1990). A History of Human Helminthology. CAB International, pp. 209, 469, 521, and 616.Google Scholar
- Harrison, G. (1978). Mosquitoes, Malaria & Man: A History of the Hostilities since 1880. New York: E.P. Dutton, pp. 242–54.Google Scholar
- Kremer, M. and Glennerster. (2004). Strong Medicine, Creating Incentives for Pharmaceutical Research on Neglected Diseases. Princeton University Press. pp. 25–64.Google Scholar
- Levine, R. and the What Works Working Group. (2004a). Millions Saved, Proven Successes in Global Health, Case 6, Controlling Onchocerciasis in Sub-Saharan Africa, Center for Global Development, pp. 57–64.Google Scholar
- Levine, R. et al. (2004b). Millions Saved, Case 11, Controlling Chagas Disease in the Southern Cone of South America, pp. 99–104.Google Scholar
- Medecins Sans Frontieres. (2001). Fatal Imbalance, The Crisis in Research and Development for Drugs for Neglected Diseases. Medecins Sans Frontieres Access to Essential Medicines Campaign and the Drugs for Neglected Diseases Working Group, p. 12.Google Scholar
- Morel, C.M., Acharya, T., Broun, D., Dangi, A., Elias, C., Ganguly, N.K., Gardner, C.A., Gupta, R.K., Haycock, J., Heher, A.D., Keusch, G.T., Hotez, P.J., Krattiger, A.F., Kreutz, F.T., Lall, S., Lee, K., Mahoney, R., Martinez-Palomo, A., Mashelkar, R.A., Matlin, S., Min, H.K., Mzimba, M., Oehler, J., Pick, W., Ridley, R.G., Senanayake, P., Singer, P., and Yun, M.Y. (2005). Health innovation: the neglected capacity of developing countries to address neglected diseases. Science. 309, 401–404.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Murray, C.J.L. (1996). Rethinking DALYs. In: The Global Burden of Disease (Murray, C.J.L. and Lopez, A.D., eds.), Global Burden of Disease and Injury Series, Harvard School of Public Health on behalf of the WHO and World Bank, Harvard University Press.Google Scholar
- Widdus, R. and White, K. (2004). Combating Diseases Associated with Poverty, Financing Strategies for Product Development and the Potential Role of Public-Private-Partnerships, The Initiative on Public-Private-Partnerships for Health (IPPH), pp. 1–10.Google Scholar
- World Health Organization. (2003). Communicable diseases 2002: global defence against the infectious disease threat (ed. Kindhauser, M.K.), Geneva, pp. 106–107.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2006