Part of the Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology book series (volume 575)
DPIV/CD26 and FAP in Cancer: A Tale of Contradictions
KeywordsMelanoma Cell Mesothelial Cell Dipeptidyl Peptidase Tumour Suppressor Role Fibroblast Activation Protein
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Abbott CA and Gorrell MD. (2002) In Ectopeptidases: CD13/Aminopeptidase N and CD26/Dipeptidylpeptidase IV in Medicine and Biology, (Eds, Langner, J. and Ansorge, S.) Kluwer/Plenum, New York, pp. 171–195.Google Scholar
- Abbott CA, McCaughan GW, Levy MT, Church WB and Gorrell MD. (1999) Binding to human dipeptidyl peptidase IV by adenosine deaminase and antibodies that inhibit ligand binding involves overlapping, discontinuous sites on a predicted beta propeller domain. Eur J Biochem. 266: 798–810.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Asada Y, Aratake Y, Kotani T, Marutsuka K, Araki Y, Ohtaki S and Sumiyoshi A, 1993, Expression of dipeptidyl aminopeptidase IV activity in human lung carcinoma. Histopathol. 23: 265–270.Google Scholar
- Cheng JD, Valianou M, Canutescu A, Jaffe EK, Lee H-O, Wang H, Lai JH, Bachovchin WW and Weiner LM, 2005, Abrogation of fibroblast activation protein enzymatic activity attenuates tumour growth. Mol Canc Therap. 4: 351–360.Google Scholar
- Gonzalez-Gronow M, Grenett HE, Weber MR, Gawdi G and Pizzo SV, 2001, Interaction of plasminogen with dipeptidyl peptidase IV initiates a signal transduction mechanism which regulates expression of matrix metalloproteinase-9 by prostate cancer cells. Biochem J. 355: 397–407.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Hoffman T, von Horsten S, Hama Y, Shingu K, Demuth H-U and Heiser U, 2003, Chronic Treatment with Dipeptidyl Peptidase IV (DPIV) inhibitors inhibits tumour metastasis in the MADB106 Adenocarcinoma rat model, In 3rd General Meeting of the International Proteolysis Society. Japan 2003.Google Scholar
- Kajiyama H, Kikkawa F, Khin E, Shibata K, Ino K and Mizutani S, 2003, Dipeptidyl peptidase IV overexpression induces up-regulation of E-cadherin and tissue inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinases, resulting in decreased invasive potential in ovarian carcinoma cells. Cancer Res. 63: 2278–2283.PubMedGoogle Scholar
- Yan L, Shahied L, Tang Y, Kesavan P and Nakada T, 2004, Tumor-Host Interactions. Preclinica. 2: 422–426.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media, Inc. 2006