Alternative Archaeologies of the Cold War: The Preliminary Results of Fieldwork at the Greenham and Nevada Peace Camps
- 1k Downloads
KeywordsTest Site Nuclear Weapon Testing Protest Activity American Indian Community Nevada Test Site
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Beck, C.M. 2002. The archaeology of scientific experiments at a nuclear testing ground. In Schofield, J., Johnson,W.G. and Beck, C.M. (eds), Matériel Culture: the archaeology of twentieth century conflict, 65–79. Routledge, London and New York.Google Scholar
- Blackwood, C. 1984. On the Perimeter. Flamingo, London.Google Scholar
- Cocroft, W.D. 2001. Cold War monuments: an assessment by the Monuments Protection Programme. Internal report (CDRom format).Google Scholar
- Cocroft, W.D. and Thomas, R.J.C. 2003. Cold War: Building for Nuclear Confrontation 1946–1989. English Heritage.Google Scholar
- Holtorf, C. 2004. Incavation—Excavation—Exhibition. In Brodie, N. and Hills, C. (eds),Material engagements: studies in honour of Colin Renfrew, 45–53. McDonald Institute Monographs. McDonald Institute for Archaeological Research, Cambridge.Google Scholar
- Johnson, W.G. 2002. Archaeological examination of Cold War architecture: a reactionary cultural response to the threat of nuclear war. In Schofield, J., Johnson, W.G. and Beck, C.M. (eds), Matériel Culture: the archaeology of twentieth century conflict, 227–35. Routledge, London and New York.Google Scholar
- Kuletz, V. 1998. The tainted desert: environmental and social ruin in the American West. Routledge, New York and London.Google Scholar
- Pinto, R., Bourriaud, N. and Damianovic, M. 2003. Lucy Orta. Phaidon Press Limited, London.Google Scholar
- Pritchard, C. 1999. European peace movements: rises and falls 1958–65, 1978–85 and 1990–98. In Choue, Y.S. (ed), World Encyclopedia of Peace (Second Edition), 177–81. Oceana Publications Inc, Seoul Press.Google Scholar
- Roseneil, S. 2000. Common women, uncommon practices: the queer feminisms of Greenham.Cassell, London and New York.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2008