Designing Banking Sector Safety Nets: The Australian Experience
Part of the Innovations in Financial Markets and Institutions book series (IFMI, volume 15)
- 873 Downloads
KeywordsCredit Union Deposit Insurance Depositor Preference Deposit Insurance Scheme Caveat Emptor
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- APRA, A new act: A Review of APRA’s New Governance Structure, APRA Insight, 3rd Quarter/4th Quarter 2003, 2–5. http://www.apra.gov.au/Insight/Insight-3rd-Quarter-2003.cfm Google Scholar
- Davis, K., Study of Financial System Guarantees, March 2004. http://fsgstudy.treasury.gov.au/content/default.asp. Google Scholar
- Demirguc-Kunt, A., Detragiache, E., Does Deposit Insurance Increase Banking System Stability? An Empirical Investigation, IMF Working Paper, January 2000.Google Scholar
- Gropp, R., Vesala, J., Deposit Insurance and Moral Hazard: Does the Counterfactual Matter?, European Central Bank Working Paper, No. 47, March 2001. http://www.ecb.int/pub/wp/ecbwp047.pdf. Google Scholar
- HIH Royal Commission, The Failure of HIH Insurance. http://www.hihroyalcom.gov.au/finalreport/index.htm Google Scholar
- Macey, J.R., O’Hara, M., The Corporate Governance of Banks, FRBNY Economic Policy Review, April 2003, 91–107.Google Scholar
- Wallis, S., Financial System Inquiry Final Report, Australian Government Publishing Service, March 1997.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media, Inc. 2005