Sensitivity Analysis for Variational Systems
The paper mostly concerns applications of the generalized differentiation theory in variational analysis to Lipschitzian stability and metric regularity of variational systems in infinite-dimensional spaces. The main tools of our analysis involve coderivatives of set-valued mappings that turn out to be proper extensions of the adjoint derivative operator to nonsmooth and set-valued mappings. The involved coderivatives allow us to give complete dual characterizations of certain fundamental properties in variational analysis and optimization related to Lipschitzian stability and metric regularity. Based on these characterizations and extended coderivative calculus, we obtain efficient conditions for Lipschitzian stability of variational systems governed by parametric generalized equations and their specifications.
Key wordsVariational systems Lipschitzian stability variational analysis generalized differentiation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Dontchev, A.L.: Chararacterization of Lipschitz stability in optimization, In: Well-Posedness and Stability of Optimization Problems and Related Topics (R. Lucchetti and J. Revalski, eds.), Kluwer, Dordrecht, 1995, pp. 95–116.Google Scholar
- Ioffe, A.D.: Coderivative compactness, metric regularity and subdifferential calculus, In: M. Théra (ed.), Expremental, Constructive, and Nonlinear Analysis, CMS Conference Proc. Vol. 27, American Mathematical Society, Providence, R.I., 2000, pp. 123–164.Google Scholar
- Levy, A.B. and Mordukhovich, B.S.: Coderivatives in parametric optimization, Math. Programming, in press.Google Scholar
- Loewen, P.D.: Limits of Fréchet normals in nonsmooth analysis, In: Optimization and Nonlinear Analysis (A. Ioffe et al., eds.), Pitman Research Notes Math. Ser. 244, 1992, pp. 178–188.Google Scholar
- Mordukhovich, B.S.: Coderivative analysis of variational systems, J. Global Optim., 28 (2004).Google Scholar
- Mordukhovich, B.S. and Wang, B.: Restrictive metric regularity and generalized differential calculus in Banach spaces, Preprint No. 15 (2002), Dept. of Math., Wayne State University, Detroit.Google Scholar
- Thibault, L.: On compactly Lipschitzian mappings, In: P. Gritzmann et al. (eds.), Recent Advances in Optimization, Lecture Notes in Econ. Math. Syst. Ser. 456, Springer, Berlin, 1997, pp. 356–364.Google Scholar