Variational Inequalities for Time Dependent Financial Equilibrium with Price Constraints
We study a financial evolutionary problem, when variance-covariance matrices, sector financial holding volumes, instrument prices are time-dependent. As in P.Daniele , but assuming the realistic condition of a lower constraint for the price of each instrument, we give the evolutionary financial equilibrium condition, prove an equivalent variational inequality formulation and an existence result.
Key wordsfinancial problem equilibrium condition variational inequality formulation time-dependent requirements
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- P. Daniele, Variational Inequalities for Evolutionary Financial Equilibrium, Advances in Economic and Financial Networks, A. Nagurney Ed. (2003), 84–108.Google Scholar
- P. Daniele, Lagrangean Funtion for Dynamic Variational Inequalities, Rendiconti del Circolo Matematico di Palermo, Serie II, Suppl. 58, 101–119.Google Scholar
- H.M. Markowitz, Portfolio Selection: Efficient Diversification of Investments, Wiley & Sons, New York, 1959.Google Scholar
- A. Nagurney, Network Economics-A Variational Inequality Approach, second and revised version, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 1999.Google Scholar
- A. Nagumey and S. Siokos, Variational Inequalities for International General Financial Equilibrium Modeling and Computation, Mathematical and Computer Modelling 25 (1997), 31–49.Google Scholar
- A. Nagurney and S. Siokos, Financial Networks: Statics and Dynamics, Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg, Germany, 1997.Google Scholar
- A. Nagurney and D. Zhang, Projected Dynamical Systems and Variational Inequalities with Applications, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston, Massachussets, 1996.Google Scholar