Part of the Nonconvex Optimization and Its Applications book series (NOIA, volume 79)
A Density Result on the Space VMOω
In Carnot-Carathéodory metric spaces related to a family of free Hörmander vector fields X 1,...,X q, we prove that the space C ∞ is locally dense in VMO ω with respect to BMO ω norm.
Key wordsVMO spaces spaces of homogeneous type Carnot-Carathéodory metric
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. Bramanti and L. Brandolini, Estimates of BMO type for singular integrals on spaces of homogeneous type and applications to hypoelliptic PDES, to appear on Revista Matematica Iberoamericana.Google Scholar
- A.O. Caruso, Interior S X,loc1,p estimates for variational hypoelliptic operators with coefficients locally in VMO X, preprint (2003).Google Scholar
- A.O. Caruso and M.S. Fanciullo, BMO on spaces of homogeneous type: a density result, preprint (2003).Google Scholar
- M. Christ, Lectures on singular integral operators, Conference Board of the Mathematical Sciences, Regional Conference Series in Mathematics, 77 (1990).Google Scholar
- R. Coifman and G. Weiss, Analyse Harmonique Non-Commutative sur Certains Espaces Homogenes, Lectures Notes in Mathematics, 242, Springer-Verlag (1971).Google Scholar
- G. Di Fazio, L p estimates for Divergence Form Elliptic Equations with Discontinuous Coefficients, Boll. U.M.I. (7) 10-A, (1996), 409–420.Google Scholar
- M. Gromov, Carnot-Carathéodory spaces seen from within, in Sub-Riemannian Geometry, Progress in Mathematics 144, ed. by A. Bellaïche and J. Risler, Birkhäuser (1996).Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media, Inc. 2005