On the Completeness of Sets of q-Bessel Functions Jν(3)(x; q)
We study completeness of systems of third Jackson q-Bessel functions by two quite different methods. The first uses a Dalzell-type criterion and relies on orthogonality and the evaluation of certain q-integrals. The second uses classical entire function theory.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Exton, H. (1983). q-Hypergeometric Functions and Applications. Ellis Horwood, Chichester.Google Scholar
- Higgins, J. R. (1977). Completeness and basis properties of sets of special functions. Cambridge University Press, London, New York, Melbourne.Google Scholar
- Ismail, M. E. H. (2003). Some properties of jackson's third q-bessel function. Preprint.Google Scholar
- Levin, B. Y. (1980). Distribution of zeros of Entire Functions. American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI.Google Scholar
- Swartouw, R. F. (1992). The Hahn-Exton q-Bessel Function. PhD thesis, Technische Universiteit Delft.Google Scholar