The Project “Lab of Tomorrow”
The Lab of Tomorrow project introduces innovation both in pedagogy and technology. It aims at developing tools that allow for as many links as possible between teaching of natural sciences and every day life. Since science deals with the study of nature and the world around us, teaching science cannot be separated from daily experiences that result from student’s interaction with the physical phenomena. In the Lab of Tomorrow project the re-engineering of the school lab of tomorrow is proposed along with the development of a new learning scheme based on the production of computational tools and project material that allow high-school students to use their every day life environment as the field where they conduct sophisticated experiments.
Key wordswearable devices science education sensors
- Papert, S. (1994). The Children’s Machine. New York: Basic BooksGoogle Scholar
- Glasersfeld, E. v. (1995). Radical Constructivism, A Way of Knowing and Learning, Washington, Farmer Press.Google Scholar
- Duit, R. (1995). Zur Rolle der konstruktivistischen Sichtweise in der naturwissenschaftlichen Lehr-undLernforschung. Zeitschrift für Pädagogik, 41(6), 905–923.Google Scholar
- Nachtigall, D. (1992). Was lernen die Schuler im Physikerunterricht? Physikalische Batter. Vol.48, No.3, pp.169–173Google Scholar
- Nachtigall, D. (1992). Physikdidaktik im Aus-und Inland. Vortrage Physikertagung 1992, Deutsche Physikalishe Gesellschaft, Fachverband Didaktik der Physik, Berlin, pp.8–33.Google Scholar