Experimenting with Digital Television Learning Environments
Digital media environment has been changed significantly during the last few years. The huge progress in communication technology and the launch of digital television have open up new opportunities for distance learning. Interactive digital television is providing a new and flexible learning environment. The Industrial IT Laboratory of Helsinki University of Technology has made research in utilising digital TV as a learning environment for University courses and the students have had a chance to study using digital TV since September 2002.
Key wordsInteractive digital television learning models Higher Education
- Garito, M. A. (2001). Telematics: Digital Television and Life Long Learning. Dublin: European Education Technology ForumGoogle Scholar
- Hakkarainen, K. L. & Lipponen, L. (2001). Tutkiva oppiminen älykkään toiminnan rajat ja niiden ylittäminen. pp.175–206.Google Scholar
- Hiltz, S. R.. (1998). Collaborative Learning in Asynchronous Learning Networks: Building Learning Communities. Keynote address to the WEB98 conference, Orlando, Florida, November. Retrieved 27.2.2003 from http://eies.njit.edu/~hiltz/collaborative_learning_in_asynch.htmGoogle Scholar
- IEEE. (2002). IEEE-Learning Object Metadata version 6.4 (2002, 08.05.2002). Available http://itclsc36.orts/doc/36N0255.pdfGoogle Scholar
- Rowentree, D. Designing an assessment system, Retrieved 27.2.2003 from http://iet.open.ac.Uk/pp/D.G.F.Rowentree/assessment.htmlGoogle Scholar