Integrated Payment System for Public Key Infrastructure Services
Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) service providers need a simple, open, flexible and secure payment system. There are many transactions related with the PKI services, which are characterized by low unit price. Therefore it is obvious the mechanisms of a client’s service used by any PKI service provider should cost no more than expected cash receipts. This paper examines the types of payment system used nowadays, the PKI payment system requirements, an overview of the Network Electronic Payment System for Public Key Infrastructure Service Providers (nEPSKIP) that has been developed, and a summary of how this system meet the requirements.
Key wordspublic key infrastructure electronic payment system secure network system
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [HOG96]Howland G.Development of an Open and Flexible Payment System, November 1996, http://www.systemics.com/docs/sox/overview.htmlGoogle Scholar
- [CFN88]Chaum D., Fiat A., & Naor M.Untraceable Electronic Cash, Advances in Cryptology CRYPTO’ 88, S. Goldwasser (Ed.), Springer-Verlag, pp. 319–327.Google Scholar
- [DPEP93]EC Directive 1999/93/EC of the European Parliament and the of the Council of 13 December on a Community framework for electronic signatures Google Scholar
- [DSF00]ETSIDigital Signature Format, European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI), Technical Specifications, ETSI TS 101 733 V1.2.2, October 2000Google Scholar
- [ZNY01]Zuccherato R., Nystrom M.ISO/IEC 9798-3 Authentication SASL Mechanism, RFC 3161, August 2001Google Scholar
- [NEW98]Newman C.The One-Time-Password SASL Mechanism, RFC 2444, October 1998.Google Scholar
- [SHS93]FIPS Publication 180 Secure Hash Standard (SHS), National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), May 11, 1993.Google Scholar
- [LIP99]Lipmaa H.Secure and efficient time-stamping systems, PhD Thesis, Departament of Mathematics, University of Tartu, Estonia, 1999Google Scholar
- [RSH96]Rivest R.L., Shamir A.PayWord and MicroMint: Two simple micropayment schemes, CryptoBytes,Vol.2, No 1 (RSA Laboratories, Spring 1996), pp 7–11, http://theory.lcs.mit.edu/~rivest/RivestShamir-mpay.pdfGoogle Scholar
- [CMS02]Housley R.Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS), RFC 3369, August 2002Google Scholar