Multi-stage ship control in a fuzzy environment
Serious consequences of marine accidents necessitate the development and implementation of systems enhancing the level of navigational safety. The analysis of navigational situations and preparation of collision avoiding manoeuvres call for particular attention. These issues are connected with the determination of a ship’s optimal and, first of all, safe trajectory. Ship control is connected with decisions made in the conditions of uncertainty, which results from difficulties in describing control goals and constraints. The problem of ship control as a task of multi-stage control in a fuzzy environment is presented. Simulation research of ship encounter situations in an open area has been carried out. The results have been discussed.
Key wordsmulti-stage control fuzzy environment ship movement control
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bellman RE. and Zadeh L.A. (1970): Decision making in a fuzzy environment, Management Science, 17.Google Scholar
- COLREGs (1972): Convention on the International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea, International Maritime Organization.Google Scholar
- Deo N. (1980): The Theory of Graphs and its Application in Technology and Computer Science, PWN Warszawa (in Polish).Google Scholar
- Goodwin E. M. (1975): A statistical study of ship domain, Journal of Navigation, 28.Google Scholar
- Kacprzyk J. (2001): Multi-stage fuzzy control, WNT, Warszawa (in Polish).Google Scholar
- Lisowski J. (1986): Ships collisions avoidance systems, Wydawnictwo Morskie Gdansk (in Polish).Google Scholar
- Lisowski J., Rak A. (1999): Determining of dynamic trajectory with neural ship’s domain, Sientific papers of Maritime University of Gdynia, No 37, 1999 (in Polish).Google Scholar
- Norrbin N. (1971): Theory and observations on the use of a mathematical model for ship maneuvering in deep and confined waters, SSPA Publ. 68, Goeteborg.Google Scholar
- Pietrzykowski, Z. (1999): Ship fuzzy domain in assessment of navigational safety in restricted areas, III. Navigational Symposium, Gdynia, Vol. L (in Polish).Google Scholar
- Pietrzykowski Z. (2002): The analysis of a ship fuzzy domain in a restricted area, IFAC Conference Computer Applications in Marine Systems CAMS’2001, Elsevier Science Ltd.Google Scholar